SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING FOR YOUR BUSINESS – tips and tricks
A subject that needs no introduction, and yet it has so many layers it can boggle the mind. Social media marketing is a very powerful tool to reach potential customers and prospects, for all businesses big or small.
Your prospective clients are accessing social media platforms every day, and if you don’t find a way to speak to them directly, be sure you will be missing opportunities. An awesome social media presence can attract great success, build or consolidate your brand, even spruce up leads or sales.
SMM (social media marketing) is a part of internet marketing that involves posting content on social media platforms, with the purpose of achieving your marketing goals. Posts can be anything from articles, images, videos or any other content that your targeted audience might be interested in, and last but not least – paid social media advertising. Before you begin creating your social media campaign, take some time to think and set your business aim.
A campaign without a clear strategy is comparable to throwing money in the wind and expecting to get more money back.
You can find below a few questions that will help you define your goal:
– Who are the customers you want to reach?
– What is the outcome you want to get from your social media marketing campaign?
– What is the message you want to relay to your audience?
– Which social media platforms your potential customers use? After you have answered this questions, you will have clear parameters for your strategy and you can begin building on it.
The more audience you will reach, the more your social media marketing strategy will be a success.
Best tips for your SMM:
– Brand Image: using social media you can build your brand image. Every platform has its own particularities, but your business’s identity can be communicated on each of them. This way your audience will understand your image if you present it the same on all platforms.
– Content writing: if you have a blog where you write great content, you can share those articles on social media. It is a great way to spread awareness and bring users to your website.
– Track success with Analytics – the most successful way to track your SMM success is looking at the data. Google Analytics can be a powerful tool to measure your strategy‘s outcome. If the strategy used does not bring a high reach … you might consider twitching it, or even change it.
How to choose the SMM platform for you:
Facebook is the biggest social media network in the world. Creating a Facebook presence for your business is essential. Just keep in mind that people use this Network to relax, chat and catch up on news, so keep it friendly. Another thing to remember is that organic reach on Facebook is not very high, so a paid Facebook ad strategy can have a big impact on getting more users.
LinkedIn is a professional social media marketing platform. Joining Groups to reach professionals from similar industries and share content. Customers who give you recommendation on your LinkedIn profile, will make your business more trust worthy for new customers.
Pinterest is one of the fastest growing social media platform. It’s intended for retail, but it can be used by anyone with the purpose of driving sales. You can present your products and brand with pinboards that will spike the interest. As a tip, Pinterest is mainly used women, so if they are included in your targeted demographic, create a Pinterest profile.
Instagram is a serious contender for Facebook, and has over 500 million daily active users. You can grow your followers organically faster than on Facebook, you can use the power of hashtag (check the full article here) to get more and more followers.
We hope this article has shed some light over social media marketing and has eased up the process of SMM strategy for your business.